AirPods are wireless Bluetooth earbuds introduced by Apple Inc. These were first reported on September, 2016, close to the iPhone 7. In no less than 2 years, they turned into Apple’s generally famous accessory.
How to rename AirPods on iPhone, iPad, or Mac
- You can change name of your Airpods from your iPad’s or iPhone Settings application, or you’reMac PC.
- Changing your AirPod’sname can make them simpler to recognize in multiple Bluetooth menus.
With so many Bluetooth-empowered devices to connect with — from your vehicle’s sound to your noise-canceling earphones to your lounge speaker — How to change the name of your AirPods on iPhones and iPad?
Whether you have AirPods Master, AirPods Max, or AirPods (first and second generation), the wayhow to rename AirPods is similar.
- Put out your AirPods from their case.
- Open the Settings application on your iPad or iPhone and select Bluetooth.
- In the list of devices,tap the blue “I” iconclose to your AirPods.
- Tap in the Name field and type a new name.
- Selectdone in the base right corner of the keypad whenever you’ve added a new name.
Presently when you check list of devices to find your AirPods, you’ll see them recorded under the new name.
How to rename AirPods on Mac
Regardless of what kind of AirPods you have, you can likewise change the name on your Mac PC.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac, which you can do by tapping the Apple symbolin the upper left corner of your screen and choosing System Preferencesin the drop-down.
- Tap list of devicesin System Preferences.
- Connect the AirPods with your Mac. Then in the Devices segment of the Bluetooth page, right-click the name of your AirPods and select Rename in the drop-down menu. To right-tap on a Mac, hold down the Control key while you click.
- Enter the new name and click rename again to affirm your change.
Presently when you check list of devicesto find your AirPods, you’ll see them recorded under the new name. This is the simplest way how to rename AirPods.